This project has moved and is read-only. For the latest updates, please go here.

Feature Not Appearing in Feature Gallery

Jul 26, 2010 at 3:11 PM
Edited Jul 26, 2010 at 3:12 PM

After deploying your solution the feature does not appear in the solution gallery.

I deployed your solution package using ststadm.exe and recieved the "operation successfully completed" message. I checked event logs and SharePoint logs - no errors.  I checked the GAC and the assembly is deployed.  I checked 12\bin\templates and the feature folder, elements.xml and feature.xml are all there.  I checked the solution management store in CA and it shows the solution has been deployed.  But whenever I look in the feature gallery at the site or web level - the readwritesecurity features doesn't appear.  Can you suggest the next steps?

Jul 26, 2010 at 5:20 PM
The feature is scoped to the Site Collection, so you'll need to look in the Site Collection features list to activate it. To do this, go to a site in the site collection where you want to use the feature (make sure that the site is in a web application where the solution has been deployed. Click 'Site Actions' - 'Site Settings' - 'Modify All Site Settings.' Look under 'Site Collection Administration.' If it says 'Go to top level site settings', click on that link. Then click on 'Site Collection Features', and you should see 'Read/Write Security' listed as a feature. Tim
Jul 27, 2010 at 2:35 PM
OK, that worked - thanks! BTW - great tool!
Jul 28, 2010 at 9:32 PM

Worked like a charm. Great work! You might want to include the "Site Collection Features" step on the instructions on the home page as people might think there's something wrong with the installation when they don't see it on the Feature Gallery.

Jul 28, 2010 at 10:05 PM
Good idea - I just updated the home page with some more details and a couple of extra screenshots.